Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kindle: In the Stillness of the Night ......


Sayyidna 'Ali, used to pray, 'Ya Jabbira kulli kasarin wa ya musahilla kulli 'asirin' - O Jabbar - the one who puts together all that is broken and the one who brings easy to every difficulty'

In The Name of the One
who is the Most Merciful
the Loving and the Forgiving

This night and at this very moment, the thought of Yaqub (pbuh) lingers through his mind. Blessed with children, his love for the most closest of his child, Yusuf (pbuh), and his awareness of the envy and jealousy that thrived in their breasts, made him even more so attached and conscious of his where-abouts.

Providence had it that Yusuf (pbuh) was to partake in a journey with his brothers to gather stock of food. It took them to a far away land. Hence, the story begins when Yusuf (pbuh) is thrown into a well, and left to his own devices. They proceed to tell the father that he had been devoured by a wolf.

This is where the story of love and seperation begins. Yaqubs (pbuh) love for his son, for the sake of God, renders his eyes blind, by profuse crying, and it is only later when Yusuf (pbuh) sends for his shirt for his father to smell, that his eye sight is restored.

Oh, God, I am certainly no Yaqub, for my patience is lacking, and I am certainly no Yusuf, for the school of Yusuf, teaches among several things, the value of virtuosity, faithfulness, honor, but it is precisely this lacking that has landed me before You, my dear LordI feel very lonely like Yaqub (pbuh) yet he never lost faith and confidence, and lack a patience, that Yusuf (pbuh) displayed. After many a days, I feel absolutely helpless before Thee, and I wonder, if the mere touch of this grace, which shines through not by giving, but through with-holding is my lot.If it is my lot, my dear Lord, please grant me the patience and the virtuosity of the father and a son, for they personified love. An orphan that I am, I seek your protection in You from my very self: remorseful, penitent, dissapointed.

I have yet again fooled my-self, and also fallen before your Grace. As lacking is my state of ihsan I ask of you to have mercy on this poor soul. He has been through a lot, and is searching, desperately seeking The al-Jabbar, who will lift him up.

Such is the state of his orphanage that he has no father like Yaqub (pbuh) and no brother like Yusuf (pbuh). Where he does he turn to for help?

I am tired, my dear Lord: my life lacking presence of compassion, love and longing, has made a hostage of me, and this is by own accord. Please release me from the fetters of my own doing, for I have no power to do it, O Jabbar

My faith is weak, my heart is crumbled, my soul constantly abases me, my intellect is paralyzed, my body weary of submission to thee, and my tongue too tired to call upon thee. Just accept these tears, my Lord, like you did for Yaqub (pbuh), but please, send for the shirt that will bring life and rejuvenate this poor soul.
Peace and Blessings be Upon Muhammad, His Family, and His Chosen Companions

O Jabbar, O Jabbar, O Jabbar, O Jabbar

No comments: